----------------------------Original message---------------------------- > I have saved some of the earlier discussion on the merits of BHA > on cd. However, does anyone have any experience with BHA on > Questel/Francis, and which is the better deal, financially > speaking? > > I would prefer BHA on cd, particularly since it can be networked > widely at no extra charge, but in our situation, we don't have > room on our networked pc's (c. 12 workstations, that have many > high use cd's like Eric and Psychlit, etc.), which means that BHA > would compete with other single products on a standalone > workstation in a general reference area, and our users would also > not have remote access. By comparison, we have purchased a > limited number of searches on Artabstracts via the OCLC package, > and this can be accessed via the introductory screen of our > online catalog (Clavis, a Sirsi unicorn system) by student ID and > password. So far, this has not been used heavily, and the wide > availability makes it attractive. If it becomes heavily used, we > would probably cancel the print version to make the online > version more affordable. > > Does anyone have any figures for BHA searches on Francis, how many searches they average, and what their costs are? > Any advice will be appreciated. > > Kathy Zimon > -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Kathy Zimon Library, LT 918 Fine Arts Librarian & Curator 2500 University Drive N.W. Canadian Architectural Archives Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4 University of Calgary TEL: (403) 220-3795 FAX: 282-6837 e-mail: [log in to unmask]