> I have saved some of the earlier discussion on the merits of BHA
> on cd.  However, does anyone have any experience with BHA on
> Questel/Francis, and which is the better deal, financially
> speaking?
>
> I would prefer BHA on cd, particularly since it can be networked
> widely at no extra charge, but in our situation, we don't have
> room on our networked pc's (c. 12 workstations, that have many
> high use cd's like Eric and Psychlit, etc.), which means that BHA
> would compete with other single products on a standalone
> workstation in a general reference area, and our users would also
> not have remote access.  By comparison, we have purchased a
> limited number of searches on Artabstracts via the OCLC package,
> and this can be accessed via the introductory screen of our
> online catalog (Clavis, a Sirsi unicorn system) by student ID and
> password.  So far, this has not been used heavily, and the wide
> availability makes it attractive.  If it becomes heavily used, we
> would probably cancel the print version to make the online
> version more affordable.
>
> Does anyone have any figures for BHA searches on Francis, how
  many searches they average, and what their costs are?

> Any advice will be appreciated.
>
> Kathy Zimon

Kathy Zimon                             Library, LT 918
Fine Arts Librarian & Curator           2500 University Drive N.W.
Canadian Architectural Archives         Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4
University of Calgary                   TEL: (403) 220-3795 FAX: 282-6837
                                        e-mail: [log in to unmask]