----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Dear Arlis Members, I posted a message a couple of days ago regarding a study which is being conducted by the Getty Information Institute. The purpose of the study is to evaluate a website which offers a group of searchable databases and vocabulary enhancement tools. I would like to clarify some items in my original message. Some extra characters were inadvertently added to my message, presumably due to a glitch in the electronic translation from my Eudora program to the Internet. This may have lead some of you to believe that we were offering $2400 for participation in the study, rather than what is actually being offered--$40 (forty dollars). Additionally, the project has been extended in terms of time and scope. Therefore, I would like to request that your responses come to me by e-mail rather than telephone, if possible. (If this is a problem, please then feel free to telephone). It would also be very helpful to have some additional information regarding your academic and professional background and current situation when you reply, as follows: For Librarians and Archivists: Have you had 12 semester units, or 18 quarter units, or formal training in librarianship or archives AND worked or currently working half-time or more as a paid librarian or archivist? Please state what arts or humanities education you have completed--i.e., what area, plus which degree; B.A., M.F.A., M.A., Ph.D., etc. For Museum Staff: Are you currently working, and have you been working for at least six months, in a half-time or more professional-level museum staff position? If so, in what area--curating, conservation, museum education, etc. (Please state your designated title). For those in the Academic Field: Do you have an M.A. or two years of graduate work in a humanities field, including the arts and are you working half time or more as a graduate student or college/university professor? If so, is the field in which you are working a performing or studio arts field, or is it in the academic area? For Practicing Artists: Are you currently working half time or more as a practicing artists or architect (on your own or for someone else) OR are you currently teaching a studio art course or performing art course in an art school or university? I will post this message to each individual who has responded thus far. My apologies for not telephoning everyone who responded. We are encouraged by receiving so many replies. Your response to these questions will be helpful as we respect and appreciate the time you are willing to give to this study. Sincere thanks, Genie Guerard [log in to unmask] Department of Library & Information Science, UCLA / Getty Information Institute