We are presently replacing 2,000 water-damaged slides with funds from an
insurance claim. The total cost projected is Cdn$19,000. In preparing the
claim we took into account the cost of photography, film, developing,
mounts, labels, and labour (for a full-time assistant as well as the slide
curator's own time).
We underestimated the amount of time it would take to replace the slides (we
originally guessed it would take 3-months) but we successfully went back to
the insurance company to adjust the claim upwards.

Our hard figures are:

Photography, Film, Developing, Mounts (Cdn$9,500)
Labels (minimum order plus screen fee) (Cdn$1,725)
Labour (Cdn$7,478)
Miscellaneous (Cdn$100)

Your estimate of 40-50% is about right.

Jill Patrick