---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 97 08:52:31 EDT
From: "Bonita D. Young" <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: ART SIG meeting

The next METRO Art Special Interest Group meeting (ARTSIG) will be held:

                           Tuesday July 22, 1997

                            3:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.

                                   METRO
                             57 East 11th Street
                                 Fourth Floor
                          New York, New York  10003

                               (212) 228-2320

Discussions will focus on questions about METRO proposals made at the
previous meeting:

1)  What is the status of METRO's training schedule for new classes in
    Windows '95, MS ACCESS, MS EXCEL, etc?  What would be required of
    ARTSIG to set up these programs (i.e., is there a minimum number of
    members we would have to guarantee before METRO would begin?)

2)  What is the status of METRO's WINDOWS interface?  Is it running?
    How does one access it?  Can we use our WINRLIN3 software through
    METRO with the full range of tech. services activities (e.g.,
    inputting, importing, exporting, ILL)?

3)  Can METRO begin exploring the possibility of shared access to
    databases, such as, LC DESKTOP, ART INDEX, Encyclopedia Britannica,
    and other products (presumably available on the web) that might be
    prohibitively expensive for individual libraries?  How long will
    this take?  Does METRO need to "sign up" a minimum number in order to
    inaugurate such a subscription?

4)  If an individual ARTSIG institution needs consulting on a
    technological problem (e.g., local software package that doesn't
    work right), what is the mechanism for expediting that consulting?
    Does METRO provide addresses?  Are there discount rates if more than
    one institution uses a consultant?