We subscribe to the networked version  of BHA as CitaDel file through the
Eureka interface (both Web--graphic and telnet--character).  The
subscription renewal (for flat rate searching; 5 simultaneous ports) for
this year was $1,740.  The BHA is also part of the Dialog@CARL+CitaDel
package.  This provides yet another interface option, and is also a
flat-rate, networked configuration.

At 17:16 6/2/97 EDT, you wrote:

>> I have saved some of the earlier discussion on the merits of BHA
>> on cd.  However, does anyone have any experience with BHA on
>> Questel/Francis, and which is the better deal, financially
>> speaking?
>>
>> I would prefer BHA on cd, particularly since it can be networked
>> widely at no extra charge, but in our situation, we don't have
>> room on our networked pc's (c. 12 workstations, that have many
>> high use cd's like Eric and Psychlit, etc.), which means that BHA
>> would compete with other single products on a standalone
>> workstation in a general reference area, and our users would also
>> not have remote access.  By comparison, we have purchased a
>> limited number of searches on Artabstracts via the OCLC package,
>> and this can be accessed via the introductory screen of our
>> online catalog (Clavis, a Sirsi unicorn system) by student ID and
>> password.  So far, this has not been used heavily, and the wide
>> availability makes it attractive.  If it becomes heavily used, we
>> would probably cancel the print version to make the online
>> version more affordable.
>>
>> Does anyone have any figures for BHA searches on Francis, how
>  many searches they average, and what their costs are?
>
>> Any advice will be appreciated.
>>
>> Kathy Zimon
>>

>--
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>Kathy Zimon                             Library, LT 918
>Fine Arts Librarian & Curator           2500 University Drive N.W.
>Canadian Architectural Archives         Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4
>University of Calgary                   TEL: (403) 220-3795 FAX: 282-6837
>                                        e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Katherine Haskins
Head of Reference and Information Services
The Joseph Regenstein Library
University of Chicago Library
1100 East 57th Street
Chicago, Illinois 60637