Good morning, colleagues--

The Institute of Fine Arts is undergoing significant exterior
building renovations during the summer months, including repairs
to the facade, roof, and windows.  Our windows are being systemmatically
removed, refurbished, and reinstalled; the windows of the Visual
Resources Collections are scheduled to be worked on beginning
sometime this week.  Slide cabinets and shelving will be covered
in plastic sheeting to protect our collections as this work progresses.

As a consequence of this work, the Visual Resources
Collections will be CLOSED to visitors between June 11th and
August 15th.  If construction proceeds ahead of schedule, we will
post a re-opening announcement accordingly.  Scholars and researchers
needing the facilities of the Institute's Visual Resources Collections
should plan accordingly, and schedule research appointments for late
summer or early autumn.

We apologize for any inconvenience this much-needed renovation work may
cause; if the staff here can assist research remotely (via mail, fax
or e-mail), please do not hesitate to contact us.  If any questions arise,
please contact me directly.

Jenni Rodda, Curator
Visual Resources Collections
Institute of Fine Arts
1 East 78th Street
New York, NY  10021
(212) 772-5872, fax (212) 772-5807, [log in to unmask]