Hello All,
I'm very interested in Ron Crozier's recent message regarding  the
Santa Barbara Museum of Art and art libraries.  He asked for
information on publications which explain the role / signifigance /
function / operations of an art museum library.  If any one has
relevant information please post it to the list.
  My interest in this area stems from the fact that I am currently doing researc
resources and facilities are available for art and design historians and
researchers in Ireland.  I am in the very early stages of research at
the moment and would be very grateful for any information,
particularly with regard to the roles and functions of National museum libraries
major art gallery / museum libraries.  When I begin amassing
information on the Irish situation I will be happy to share my
findings with any one who's interested.

If anyone wants to contact me directly my email address is:

Thank You,
 Anne Hodge.    ( Masters student, Department of Library and Information studies
University College Dublin, Ireland.)