I've been asked by a faculty member to look into one of the following
3 options for student use in the library.  I would very much receiving
comments asap as we have some end-of-year money go spend.

1. The 1996 ed. of the 2vol. Manual of Practice.  CSI.  Comes w/master
   format. $330 less 30% discount.

2. Spectext.  on CD_ROM.  Nt'l. Institute of Bldg Sciences. Don't know
   price or too much more here.  Am being faxed info.  I know it's a
    fill-in-the-blanks system.

3. Masterspec on CD-ROM or hardcover at an educ. discount of 50%.
     Cd-rom - $595; then 445 annually.
     HC - 365; then 220
  There are licensing issues here.  Only to be used for educa. use; must
   write a letter stating that's how it will be used, etc.  Sort of like1
   the ed. use of Lexis-Nexis.
   I'm told this is the most popular commercially used in firms, & that
    students may have a leg up if they get used to it while in school.

Anyway, comments please?  I think they could go directly to the list as
  they'd prove of interest go many.  Thanks!!

JUDY CONNORTON                 E-MAIL:   INTERNET: [log in to unmask]
ARCHITECTURE LIBRARY                       BITNET: CUNYVM.CUNY
SHEPARD HALL - 408
CITY COLLEGE OF NEW YORK       VOICE:    212-650-8766
138TH ST. AND CONVENT AVE.       FAX:    212-832-7662
NEW YORK, NY  10021