Hello Everyone!

A group of us at the Toledo Museum of Art are considering revising a type of
gallery information sheet we call a "menu" (as its size and appearance
recalls the type of menu found in many fine restaurants).  These gallery
cards were written and designed to be part of a comprehensive interpretive
system.  We would like to know about the use and success of similar
offerings at other institutions.  Do you use descriptive/interpretive sheets
for single objects, collection "highlights", whole galleries?  How many
copies are printed each year?  What do you charge for these information
sheets, and does the cost offset the cost of production?  Also, who is in
charge of developing and producing these sheets?  Do these individuals also
monitor the use of these items?  How frequently are the cards updated?

With Best Regards to All,
Diane Scoles
Toledo Museum of Art Library