At the ARLIS conference in San Antonio I noted there were a number of
attendees from libraries using Innovative Interfaces as their local
system.  After talking to several of them, it seems like a good idea to
try to schedule a "Birds of a Feather" meeting at the next Innovative
Users Group Meeting, to be held May 2, 1998, in Nashville.  The reason
I'm posting this now is so that ARLIS members interested in attending
can plan ahead for budget requests.  I just went to my first IUG meeting
in Oakland last month and thought it worthwhile.  It was a nice balance
between Innovative product promotion and user-organized sessions.  The
"Birds of a Feather" meetings are informal lunch meetings scheduled ad
hoc by people wishing to discuss specific agendas.  Our BOF meeting
could be directed to members of "Special Libraries" (except Law, which
has its own group), therefore opening it up to a larger group than art
libraries.  Topics for discussion could include use of multiple
thesauri, how to strenghthen enhancement requests for special library
needs, profiling challenges for special libraries, and other topics as
brought forth.

Please contact me personally by e-mail and let me know if you are
interested in such a group, and forward this message to those off the
list who might also be interested.  Next year as the conference
approaches, I will send another request for interest, and then decide
whether or not to organize such a meeting.
*********
Deborah Kempe
Chief, Collections Management and Access
Frick Art Reference Library
10 East 71st Street
New York, NY 10021
212 288-8700 x 483