I am posting this for a colleague who is not a member of the list.
Please reply privately to me rather than to the list. Any information at
all will be appreciated.

"I have a painting that has come down through my family by an artist named
Rieger, an Austrian
or German painter working at the end of the 19th or the beginning of the
20th century. If the rest of his work mirrors what I have, he probably
focused on doing still-lifes; my painting shows three silver objects on a
table.  Standard biographical reference sources at my disposal do not
include Rieger's name, so I was hoping that members of ARLIS-L would
suggest where I might find information about the seemingly elusive
artist.  Many thanks."

Kathy Coyle
Associate Librarian
Winterthur Museum Library