I believe that your patron is looking for information about the
exhibition of French art that took place in Moscow in 1928. According to
RLIN's record its title:" Katalog vystavki sovremmenogo frantsuzskogo
iskustva= Catalogue de
l'exposition de l'art francais contemporain"(71p, 24 leaves of plates). This
exhibition
was organized by the Museum of New Western Art( Gosudarstvennyi muzei
novogo zapadnogo iskusstva) in Moscow. There was a big response in press.
Among other articles is the one published in the "Iskusstvo" magazine
(1928, v.3-4 p.113-120), written
by the Museum director B.Ternovets. You could also find some
information on this exhibition in
the catalog Moskva-Parizh, published in 1981 (also available in
French). The exact name of the Academy during these years is
Gosudarstvennaia Akademiia
Khudozhestvennykh Nauk (GAHN). I hope that what he is looking for. Good
luck. Maya Gervits