----------------------------Original message---------------------------- A library patron is looking for more information on an exhibition of French art that took place in Moscow in 1928, organized, he believes, by the Academie des sciences (Akademiia nauk SSSR?) or the Academie des sciences et des arts, if there is such a thing, in Moscow. The patron has evidence that a painting by Jean Souverbie was included in the exhibition. Can anyone give me a hint? I've searched RLIN under Akademiia nauk SSSR but find no records including the words "exposition" or "art" or "francais" for 1928. I don't know for sure whether there was an exhibition catalogue, of course...but I also don't have access to reference sources for Soviet art history. A side note: The Dictionary of Art has an incorrect volume/page reference for Souverbie in the index, with no separate entry on him. Anyone happen to know whether he's actually mentioned in the Dictionary somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Lu Harper Librarian Memorial Art Gallery of the University of Rochester [log in to unmask]