Hello, everybody!  I am in need of specialized help in the architecture field.
A few weeks back a joint request from the Art and the Science and Engineering
Libraries for "special funds" to acquire a rather expensive encyclopedia was
miraculously accepted.  We were to order Wiley's "Encyclopedia of Architecture:
Design, Engineering and Construction," 5 vol. set, $950.00, suggested by
faculty.  Unfortunately only 3 volumes are available at this time and the
publisher does not know when the other 2 volumes may be available. There could
be an answer three months from now, but in the mean time "our" funds would be
reassigned.  We have been asked to find a substitute set that is available
immediately and can acceptably cover the same subjects or even different areas
of architecture and/or engineering as long as it is a modern and useful
reference tool or tools (a combination of two or three works could possibly be
approved.) Our reference section in architecture is rather poor at this time
due to a rash of theft, combined with scarcity of funds...
I am running against time and do not find much in the catalogs I
have, nor I recollect seen much in the recent reviews. Can anybody suggest
some candidates for our grant before it vanishes?  We would be very, very
grateful! Anna Bigazzi

Anna Bigazzi               e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Art Library
Mortensen Library
University of Hartford
200 Bloomfield Avenue