Collegues,

consideration along the same lines.  This is something I thought of a few mins.
before reading their messages.  That is, something about our relationship with
the management over the library - be it academic, museum, etc.  Is this a tired
subject, or something we might revisit?   Many of us deal with accreditation
issues, personnel issues and so forth that we have to deal with authorities
outside the library, who don't always relate to our environment.

I do think the mentoring management idea is great and I would hope others will
be interested.  As some of you know from my sad tale of woe at the conference,
this is an element I am desperately lacking right now.  Good news: I've been
told to hold my breath - a resolution is coming VERY soon.  And that comes from
the upper echelon.  Anyway, we had to involve the university administration.

Just adding to the pot of ideas.

Marti Pike
Woodbury University