Dottoressa Annalisa Bruni of Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana (Vneice) has
asked me to relay this message to American scholars.

Press Release

We are sorry to inform you that, on account of a serious infestation of
termites that has developed in the old books and manuscripts collections,
the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana must be closed to the public from April
21 to April 3 so that the first emergency measures can be taken against
the infestation.

The lending service alone will remain open, on a 9:00-13:00 schedule.

Even after the Library reopens on Monday, May 5, it will not be possible
to call up books with the collocation letter "D" for a period of at least
three months.

Dottoressa Annalisa Bruni