------------------
CELEBRATING 25 YEARS OF ARLIS/NA.......

Do you want to win two round trip airline tickets anywhere in the
continental United States--merchandise from the some of the top museum
shops in Texas--gift baskets from Neiman-Marcus and El Paso Chile
Company?  And benefit ARLIS/NA at the same time?

If so, make plans now to join your colleagues at the ARLIS/NA 25th
Anniversary celebration on Sunday evening, April 6th, at the San
Antonio conference.  This event will commemorate 25 years of service
to the arts information community by art librarians and visual
resources professionals  with food, drink, music, prizes, and more.
Our setting will be the Southwest Craft Center, a beautiful complex of
historic buildings located downtown in the former home of the
Ursuline Academy.   It is a 15-minute walk from the St. Anthony Hotel
(groups advised), and there will be shuttles operating continuously
during the party, scheduled from 7:45 to 10:30 p.m.  Since you=92ll be
outside for some of the evening, dress accordingly.

Barges will cruise the San Antonio River during the party,
with 30-minute rides scheduled  beginning at 8:00 p.m., with the last
departure at 10:00 p.m.  Each barge holds 40 (yes, you can take
drinks), and food/drink will be available throughout the evening.
Music will be provided by Johnny Reno and the Lounge Kings, so be
prepared to dance--check out his web site at
              http://members.aol.com:/renosaxman/johnnyreno.html

There will be no charge for admission to this party due to the
generosity of Elmar Seibel and Ars Libri, Ltd. of Boston--longtime
supporters of ARLIS/NA.  However, to be eligible for the raffle
prizes, you must purchase tickets for =2425.00 each (or five for
=24100.00).   All proceeds from raffle ticket sales will go to the
recently-established ARLIS/NA 25th Anniversary Fund, which will fund
scholarships and internships in the field of art librarianship and
visual resources.  Tickets may be purchased throughout the
conference at the registration desk until 7:00 p.m. Sunday.   Look
for the drawing to take place around 9:15 p.m., but you do not have
to present to win.

The ARLIS/Texas chapter is honored to be the host for our 25th
Anniversary conference.  Don=92t miss this opportunity to enjoy a
great American city while at the same time celebrating the
achievements of ARLIS/NA and 25 years of service to the arts
information community.

Milan R. Hughston, Librarian
Amon Carter Museum
3501 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX   76107-2695
817/738-1933, ext. 243
817/738-4066 (fax)
http://www.cartermuseum.org
All opinions are my own and not those of my employer