Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. ----------------------------Original message---------------------------- I think you can search for the subject "vertical files" and find some information. Also try "clipping files". > > ----------------------------Original message---------------------------- > I have just become an evening librarian at an academic art library, > and this question is directed at those academic art librarians who have > worked with picture files. > The "picture files" I refer to might require some degree of definition, > because in your own library you may refer to them by a different name. The > picture files at my library are simply photos and/or drawings of various > subjects that are cut out from old magazines (those magazines which are > slated for discard or are not part of the collection, that is!), placed > in file folders, labeled, and made available to the students at a group > of file cabinets. They are in high demand at this library, because art > students are always looking for pictures they can use in order to practice > their drawing or to fulfill academic assignments. > As I have worked at keeping this file organized, a number of issues > have come up. Collection development: What pictures are most appropriate? > Cataloging: Which headings are best, and what type of sub-headings should > there be? Circulation: What is the most efficient way to circulate the > pictures and ensure their return (Currently we use a system of placing the > picture in bar-coded folders that are circulated just like books, which > works ok but might not be the best method.) > In doing a search of the library literature on this subject, I > have not found much that so far addresses the management of picture > files. What I would appreciate, then, is one or both of the following: > 1) Some references in the art or library literature that deal with > the topic of picture files. > 2) Personal experience and advice about how you manage your own > picture file collection. > Thank you for your assistance. I can be reached at: > [log in to unmask] >