TO:  Academic Library Division members & interested ARLIS/NA members
FR:  Lorelei Tanji, Academic Division Moderator (714/824-5216;

Here is the agenda for the Academic Library Division Business Meeting
(Sunday, April 6, at 9:45-11:15am).  Please come with ideas for program
proposals and contact me if you have additional agenda topics, or wish to
volunteer for any of the positions listed below:

1)  Nominations or Volunteers for Co-Moderator 97/98.  The duties are to
assist the Moderator in planning or coordinating activities of the
Division, and to serve as Moderator the next year (1998/99).

This is a fun opportunity to become more involved in ARLIS/NA.  If you
have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me or Ray Anne Lockard
([log in to unmask]), who will be the 1997/98 Moderator for the Academic
Library Division.

2) Nominations or Volunteers for Column Editor.  The duty is to submit
information to the ARLIS/NA Update Editor regarding the Division's news or
activites. Susan Beelick is the outgoing Column Editor and can answer
questions about this position ([log in to unmask])

3)  Program Proposals for the 1998 Conference.
We will be seeking proposals and program volunteers for the the next
ARLIS/NA Conference.  The deadline for proposals is May 31st, so please
come with ideas!

4) Strategic Plan.
We will review the sections of the Strategic Plan that apply to our
division (sections 35-47), which will help guide our next year's
activities.  You can view the action items arranged by working group at:
http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/arlis/action2.html

5) Conference programs.
We encourage people to attend the following programs co-sponsored by the
Academic Library Division:

Monday, April 7, 9:30-11:30.  False Economies? Balancing Quality and the
Bottom Line in Providing Access to Our Collections

Tuesday, April 8, 9:45-11:45.  Keeping Pace.  The New(est) Art Histories:
What Are They, Why Are They, and What Do We Do About Them?

Tuesday, April 8, 9:45-11:45.  Discovering Our Past and Tracing Our
Histories:  The Early Leaders and Founders of Art Libraries

Tuesday, April 8, 3:15-4:45.  Ask ARLIS:  Are We Equal Partners?  Managing
Publications Exchange Programs in the 90s