From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST
To: Multiple recipients of list ARLIS-L
Subject: AMICO initiative
Date: Thursday, March 27, 1997 12:25PM

Colleagues,

I've been reading on VRA-L an instructive discussion of the AMICO
initiative, which involves planning on the part of the Assoc. of Art Museum
Directors to support, via generously defined site licensing protocols,
academic access to digital versions of member museum collections.  This
seems noteworthy.

For a description of this initiative see:
http://www.amn.org/AMNhtml/AMNhome.htm

This description suggests that an ARLIS/NA representative was present at
the recent briefing for non-profit organizations, sponsored by the Getty.

Have we heard from the ARLIS/NA rep about this development?  I'm sorry if
I've missed such an announcement.  A VRA member has recently posted his
report on this meeting, and it would be instructive to compare his account
with our own representative's description

Max Marmor