Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. ----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Agenda for CPDG in San Antonio (Sunday, 6 April 1997, 2 p.m.) * reports from ALA CC:DA - Toronto conference (http://www.nlc-bnc.ca/jsc/index.htm), harmonization of AACR2 and German and Russian rules, AACR2-e, CPSO on web, named conferences CC:DA TF on Metadata - mapping, etc. (http://www.lib.virginia.edu/ccda/meta) MARBI - subentity coding, USMARC/CanMARC harmonization continues, 655 $5, LCCN going to four digits in 2000 (MARC at http://lcweb.loc.gov/marc/) SGML DTD for MARC (available on LC web at http://lcweb.loc.gov/marc/...) LC sending out RFC, then RFP for integrated system (implementation in late 1999) SAC is discussing IFLA document on principles underlying subject heading languages * report from VRA core categories (http://www.vra.oberlin.edu/core.html) RLG testbed (multi-institutional) Linda McRae and Lynda White are compiling Art/MARC sourcebook to be published by ALA in 1997 * new edition of N schedule - tables have changed numbers (e.g. old Table IV is now Table V; museum breakdown table is at the back with number) * demonstration of OCLC macro for NACO record creation * suggested topics for discussion: * online shelflisting * cataloging CD-ROMs N.B. For too many years, I have done a notebook for CPDG which has been available during the conference and which circulated afterwards. I thought I'd try something different this year. I have prepared a handout which will be available during the conference and which is now available at http://www.geocities.com/westhollywood/9783/. The handout summarizes the stuff that would have been in the notebook if there had been a handout. If you want to know more about any of these topics, let me know and I'll send you copies of the ARLIS-L messages or other documentation that I have on the topic. Sherman Clarke Bobst Library-Cataloging, NYU, 70 Washington Square South, NY, NY 10012 email [log in to unmask]