The deadline for comments regarding the various CONFU guidelines (Digital
Images, Educational Multimedia, Distance Learning) is fast approaching.
Some organizations, like the College Art Association and the American
Association of Museums, are still collecting comments from its members
before making their final decision to endorse or oppose the guidelines.
Your comments to them are extremely important in this process!

To facilitate commenting, I have created links to the designated "contact
persons" for the various guidelines at my website.  Please take a minute
to visit the site to learn about what's at stake.  You will also find
links to copies of the various guidelines and related commentaries.

The URL is: http://oregon.uoregon.edu/~csundt/cweb.htm

The next step for us is to involve others -- our friends and colleagues
who may not be aware of this opportunity to evaluate and comment on the
proposed guidelines.  Everyone has a stake in this process, and we all
have the means to be heard.  Exercise your option, and encourage others to
do the same.  (Feel free to distribute this memo to anyone or any list.)

Thank you for your interest, cooperation, and help.

Christine Sundt