Just received a confirmation for my room in San Antonio.  I'm sharing a room
with a colleague and wanted to know why both of our names were shown but the
"total number of persons" listed was only 1.  Turns out that the hotel
issues a separate confirmation record for each guest, although their
roomie's name may appear in the record as a cross-reference.

The room rate shown was $119, so I asked to have it verified that the rate
was for BOTH of us together (as printed in the pre-conference info).  NOPE!
The reservationist found a rate of $126 per night showning in their system.
When I insisted that they'd quoted us $119 per night for 2 people, she
investigated.  Turns out that the system was reading us as 4 people:  2
confirmation records, one for each of us, and each showing a roomie, adds up
to 4 on the computer.  [Once she found the mistake she was able to correct
it immediately, so we are getting the correct rate.]

Could this be why they ran out of rooms?

Claire Eike, Director                                 [log in to unmask]
John M. Flaxman Library
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
37 S. Wabash Avenue                                phone: 312-899-5097 (x2019)
Chicago, IL  60603                                    fax:   312-899-1465