There are several other CD-Rom Auction Indexes: Mayer's International Auction
Records, Art Sales Index, and Artfact. Mayer's and Art Sales Index correspond to
the print version and are excellent in coverage but they do not cover the lower
end prices, which Leonard's does. Art Sales Index begins coverage for oil
paintings that sell for $650 and up.

Artfact is the only CD-rom to cover fine art and decorative art and is an
excellent source for the latter.

Lee Robinson
Art & Architecture Division
The New York Public Library
Thanks to the kind people who took the time to explain the meaning of the
mysterious abbreviations that follow the names in the Getty Union List of
Artists Names. It's nice to have the list available on the ADEC CD-ROM
disc. While I'm at it, let me ask something else. Besides ADEC, which is
a good general auction price index to fine art, we have Gordon's Print
Price Guide on CD-ROM. Are there any other such products we should have
to keep up with the large number of questions we get about values of
art works? Many of the things people ask about never show up in the
major auction houses, of course. I have a feeling that Leonard's covers
the lesser artists pretty well. Do they  have a CD-ROM version? Any others?
And what about WWW sites? Any info. will be appreciated.

Stan Shiebert
Fine & Performing Arts
Seattle Public Library