Greetings colleagues,

Just called San Antonio to confirm my room reservation, and was informed
that I did not have a double as I had requested from the chain's 800 number.
Not only did I not have a double waiting for me, but since what the 800
folks said they gave me did not jive with what the San Antonio hotel
actually had available, I had NO reservation.  Well, at least I now have a
single...  Guess I can eat refried beans and peanut butter sandwiches all
week.  I may offer a cash bar of fine California wines to help defray expenses.

I encourage those of you who made reservations to confirm them.  If you have
not made a reservation...

Does my memory fail me (it often does), or do we seem to go through this
shortage every year?  And if so, WHY?

[And if anyone needs a roomie, I will be at conference Thurs. evening until
Wed. afternoon.  Sex, sexual preference, smokers, bald people, bad dressers,
etc., doesn't matter to me.  Contact me off list.]

Regards,

Peter
Peter P. Blank                         102 Cummings Art Bldg.
Librarian                              Stanford, CA 94305-2018
Art & Architecture Library             415-725-1038
Stanford University                    fax 415-725-0140