I would be interested to hear if any Survey CDs exist because of the great
difficulty in obtaining permissions for the relevant images. I have been
developing a course using primarily images that I have taken throughout
the world and so far I have developed most of the modules from prehistory
through the middle ages. We are working at digitizing images from the
Renaissance on, but it takes a very long time. I am also working on
photographing plans and diagrams from books that are in the public domain
and looking to see what it would cost to obtain permissions for
significant images that I have not been able to photograph. This will take
awhile I suspect. There are a good number of CDs out there, but none that
I know of are appropriate for a survey class. However, I am glad to know
that there is a demand for such a CD.

Kathleen Cohen
Professor of Art History
San Jose State University