A question from a faculty member:

> "I am seeking information about newspapers in Paris in the fall of 1912.
> I would like the review of Salon de la Societe des Artistes Francais.
>
> The Library of Congress lists four newspapers that were being published
> in 1912.  La Croix, Le Figaro, France-Soir and Haghtanag. (and I hope
> that my spelling is close.)"
>
> Does anyone know which newspaper(s) would be the one(s) to review
> the exhibition?  And the month of the review if possible?"

Our Main Reference department says they know of no indexes to French
newspapers of this period.  Might anyone have a local index to such
information?  Or any other tips to pass onto the faculty member?

Thanks.

        Erika Dowell                                    [log in to unmask]
        Assistant to Branch Head                           (812) 855-4596
        Fine Arts Library
        Indiana University, Bloomington  47405