I am sure other art librarians agree with me that converting the paper
indexes of Art Index back to 1929 should be an H.W. Wilson priority.
Indexing services that deal also with disciplines where recent articles
supercede earlier articles are not always atuned to the continuing
importance of the retrospective literature for the humanities. I hope
there will be an opportunity at the San Antonio H.W. Wilson breakfast to
express this to the H.W. Wilson people. Among other things we perhaps need
to confirm the vital role this index continues to play in our disipline.

    Mary Williamson, Fine Arts Bibliographer and Senior Librarian,
                      York University (retired);
           Adjunct Faculty, Graduate Dept. of Art History.
           email: [log in to unmask] *** fax: (416) 484-0345