Hi all.  We need advice!
Fairly soon our Fine Arts and Special Collections department
we will be getting a color copier and we're asking
ourselves all sorts of questions about how
we will offer the service to the public. Do any of you operate a color
copier in your department?

1. What have been the successes and problems
for you?

2. How much do you charge per copy?

3. Is your color copier "self-service"?
Do you think there are significant problems with
offering a self-service color copier?
(So far, this is what we're planning to do.
And, the reference librarian would probably
be the color copier fixer, paper replenisher etc)

4. Do you know of any particular problems
with color copiers? (We're getting a 3 year old machine (Xerox
5775 SSE Digital Color Copier/Printer). It won't
have any of the slide or computer attachments though).

5. Do you think we should allow black and white copying
on the color copier or reserve it for color copying only.
(We have two B/W machines on our floor already)

6. Any environmental or noise issues that you know of?

7. What criteria do you use to let a user recopy
something when s/he is not satisfied with a copy.
(We're thinking of putting up a sign stating
criteria for recopying, with some kind of
disclaimer that users should know what they're
doing before they attempt to operate the machine).

Thanks,
Mo

Mo Dawley
Art Librarian