Collegues,

Since we are a business and design school, our librarians usually have expertise
in either one area or the other, but must handle reference for both groups.  One
of our librarians - who is great in business - is a bit confused as to art time
periods.  She has suggested that it would be helpful to her - and more so, to
the students she is helping, if she had some kind of visual timeline.  She asked
me if I knew of one.  I'm big on timelines and I know I've seen what she is
looking for - but where??  What we want is something like Gardner has at the
beginning of every chapter, but more general, covering more time.  I thought
there was a large chart that came with Jansen, but it's long since disappeared.

I think she is looking for architecture more than general art, but either one or
both.  She wants something very visual, of course, for our visually oriented
students.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Marti Pike
Woodbury University
(818)767-0888 x202     Fax (818)504-9320