----------------------------Original message---------------------------- PRESS RELEASE: ARLIS/NA Announces New Editors for _Art Documentation; Bulletin of the Art Libraries Society of North America_ DATE: January 25, 1997 FROM: Jack Robertson, ARLIS/NA President I am pleased to announce the formation of a new editorial team for _Art Documentation_. Betsy Peck Learned (Roger Williams University, [log in to unmask]) and Stephanie Sigala (St. Louis Art Museum, [log in to unmask]) have accepted appointment as co-editors. Eileen Markson (Bryn Mawr College, [log in to unmask]) has accepted appointment as copy editor. This team will begin working together soon on their first issue, vol. 16 no. 2 (copy deadline June 15, 1997). Stephanie, Betsy, and Eileen are well-known to many of us in the the world of arts, architecture, humanities, and image librarianship. I will not elaborate their qualifications and qualities, but a few numbers will convey the depth and breadth of their involvement in the Society and the profession: between them they have nearly 60 years of arts and humanities library professional experience, and 55 years of involvement in ARLIS/NA and chapters, including over 20 appointed and elected leadership positions on the Executive Board, chapter executive committees, and ARLIS/NA committees task forces, etc. The numbers alone don't tell the whole story, of course, but I have immense confidence in these three based on their accomplishments to date and commitment to the future. Beyond fulfillment of the job responsibilities for these newly created editorial positions (described in 'Job Descriptions' within the 'Administrative Documents' section of the ARLIS/NA web site, www.uflib.ufl.edu/arlis), I know that Betsy and Stephanie, with Eileen's assistance, will pursue with vigor and creativity their vision for an Art Doc with broadened scope and diversified content. I have heard early formulations of this vision, and I am excited at the prospects; we will all hear elaborations in the coming months. There will be great opportunity for participation in this eminent publication by many of Betsy's and Stephanie's ARLIS/NA colleagues. -- jack * * * * * * * * Jack Robertson Fiske Kimball Fine Arts Library University of Virginia (804) 924-6601 [log in to unmask]