Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. ----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Hello all! There is a growing problem with people's mailers being incompatible with listserv. I have had to send individual mail so many times about this, I have decided to try to head this off with this message, if possible. Many people are now using mailers that are MIME compliant. This means that formatting (such as fonts, etc.) is retained and attachments can be sent along with a message. This is great if you send mail to people that also use a MIME compliant mailer, but if mail is sent to someone without a MIME compliant mailer it is received looking like garbage. LISTSERV in it's infinite wisdom is set to the lowest common denominator...it won't pass along mail that arrives in some people's mailbox as complete garbage (it looks like nothing but code). This is really good for all of you with non MIME compliant mailers. HOWEVER, those of you with MIME compliant mailers who are sending mail to the list - your mail can't be posted UNLESS you turn off the feature of the mailer that allows the fonts and formatting to be sent. I know this sounds like total computerese... and those of you who are relatively unfamiliar with your mail system may need some assistance from a system administrator at your site to sort this out. Here are some tips to look for... *This is sometimes referred to as "Quoted-printable". I know in Eudora this is an option in the setting that can be turned off. In my Mac version (and I think in the Windows version, too) under "sending mail" in the Settings there is a check box that says "may use Quoted-printable" - make sure that box is NOT checked. *Eudora mail also has a QP at the top of every message that can be toggled on or off. Make sure this is not checked when you are sending the mail. This is an issue with Microsoft mail, too, but I don't know how to fix it with that mailer. Those of you with Microsoft mail may need to talk too your mail support person to fix this. As I receive this mail that can't be posted, I will simply return it and tell you that it must be fixed before it can be posted. It is nothing personal and has nothing to do with the content of the message. It is simply a technical issue. Thanks! Mary