The University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Library and Information
Studies will again offer its popular tour to Scotland, August 2 - 14, 1997.
Our base will be a lovely and historic 1701 manor house at Dalkeith, just a
few miles outside Edinburgh. The large Dalkeith estate makes a peaceful
retreat after our busy days exploring scenic and historic sites such as
Melrose Abbey, Sir Walter Scott's home at Abbotsford, the beautifully
preserved village of Culross, Stirling Castle, Hopetoun House and many other
places. We'll also spend a few days away exploring the beautiful Highland
lochs and glens and North Sea coast, with overnights in the Highland towns
of Pitlochry and Dornoch. The program will include visits to several
libraries and free time to explore the fascinating old city of Edinburgh, as
well as events at the Edinburgh Book Festival and international arts festival.
The cost will be approximately $1650 (plus airfare), which includes
accommodations, most meals, group excursions, admissions and tickets  to
events, ground transportation, instructional fees and gratuities. For
detailed information, call or write to the tour leader, Jane Pearlmutter,
School of Library and Information Studies, 600 N. Park St., Madison, WI
53706, (608) 262-6398 (email: [log in to unmask]).