School of Library Science
University of Arizona

SUMMER SESSION TEACHING POSITIONS

The School of Library Science will have temporary positions available for
the 1997 Summer Session.  Master's degree required, Ph.D. preferred, for
teaching graduate classes. Two five week sessions plus an intersession make
up the summer session at the University of Arizona.  The intersession begins
19 May and ends 7 June. The first five week session begins 9 June and ends
10 July. The second five week session begins 14 July and ends 13 August.
Courses taught during the intersession are taught 3 hours a day, Monday
through Friday, for 3 weeks.  The five week session courses are taught 2
hours a day, Monday through Friday, for five weeks.  The courses available
are listed below:

Social Constructs of Information,  Knowledge Structures I and II,
Foundations for Library and Information Science, Research Methods  I and II,
Human Factors in Information Systems, Issues in Information Resources,
Scholarly Communication, Planning and Evaluation, Expert Systems in
Information Resources, Systems Analysis and Evaluation, Information Theory
and Transfer, Advanced Information Resources, Health and Medical
Informatics, Advanced Issues in Information Resources, Current Research
Trends, Issues in Information Resources, Current Resources in School
Libraries and Advanced Topics in Information.

Application:  Submit vita, cover letter and the names, addresses, telephone
numbers and e-mail of three persons we may contact for letters of
recommendation.  The cover letter must indicate which of the courses and
session you wish to teach given the background presented in your vita.

Review of applications will begin 15 January, 1997 and will remain open
until filled.

Submit all materials to:
C. D. Hurt, Director
School of Library Science