Dear Therese Bourgault:

As it happens, the IFLA Section of Art Libraries sponsored a workshop
entitled *Pay or Profit: Fee or Free?"* at the Beijing conference this
August, which featured six excellent presentations of different fee-based
service situationa in art libraries.  Happily, these are all available in
full-text form at:  http://www.nlc-bnc.ca/ifla/IV/ifla62/62cp.htm

Use your browser's FIND option and look for the number 155  once you're at
the site, since the proceedings listing is a long one.

T. Hill,
Vassar College

>Hello!
>

>I would like to know if there are art librarians who offer fee-based
>services to their users.  As an example, do they charge for searching
>information, for sending information by fax or post, for making
>bibliographies, etc.
>
>I am mostly concerned by the fee-based service policies of the museum
>libraries.
>
>Thank you.
>

>Therese Bourgault
>Librarian