By now, most ARLIS/NA members should have received the 1996-97 issue of the
Handbook and List of Members.

The ARLIS/NA headquarters staff tries to monitor ARLIS-L for address changes,
especially around the time of compiling the Handbook and after its publication,
in order to keep the database as accurate and complete as possible.  We greatly
appreciate these updates on ARLIS-L, so that we can update our records; some
members have changed their e-mail addresses four times in a year!

In the first issue of _Update_ to appear in February 1997, we will be including
an updated listing of address changes as an addendum to the Handbook.  As
ARLIS/NA members renew their dues, they should be noting any address changes on
the membership renewal form. If a change occurs at another time of the year,
please use one of the following methods to alert the ARLIS/NA headquarters of
your change:

a)  mail or fax the address change form in the Handbook (located just before the
individual member listings) to Shera Hube, Membership Director, ARLIS/NA, 4101
Lake Boone Trail, Suite 201, Raleigh, NC 27607-7506 USA, fax 919/787-4916

b) send an email message to Shera Hube at [log in to unmask] with the
pertinent information (please be sure to include all changes to both home and
business addresses!)

N.B. In the Handbook, individuals who are NOT individual members of
ARLIS/NA--but who may be the designated person with rights and privileges from
an INSTITUTIONAL member--are NOT listed in the Individual Members section of the
Handbook.  In some cases, the designated person of an Institutional member to
ARLIS/NA is not necessarily the same person as the designated person to an ARLIS
chapter from that same institution.  For example, ARLIS/NA Institutional member
ABC Library may designate Jane Doe as the main contact for ARLIS/NA; meanwhile,
John Smith from the same library may be elected a chapter officer. But neither
Jane Doe nor John Smith is an individual member of ARLIS/NA, and therefore,
ARLIS/NA does not necessarily have their individual address information on file.
Jane Doe will be listed in the Handbook under Institutional Members at the ABC
Library address; however, John Smith will only be listed in the chapter listing.

If you have any further questions about the Handbook or your information on file
with ARLIS/NA headquarters, please feel free to call us at our toll-free number
(in U.S. and Canada) 1-800-89ARLIS or 919/787-5181.

Penney De Pas, CAE
Executive Director
ARLIS/NA