One of ARLIS/NA's members in Massachusetts received an unpleasant
phone call from a person identifying himself as working for Americorp
Securities. This person had obtained a copy of the 1995 ARLIS/NA
Handbook and was soliciting business in an unprofessional manner.
The ARLIS/NA member had changed home phone and address
since the 1995 Handbook was printed, otherwise the member would
have gotten the call at home!  When the member attempted to get
a phone number and name of the caller, the caller refused to give it.

It is ARLIS/NA policy not to sell the Handbook to non-members.  We do
not know how this person obtained the Handbook.  Should
other members receive similar solicitations and can obtain the name and
phone number from the salesperson, please notify me at ARLIS/NA headquarters
(1-800-892-7547; 919/787-5181 ext. 221) so that we can follow up. Thank you.

--Penney De Pas, CAE
Executive Director
ARLIS/NA