Dear ARLIS/NA Members:

The executive board has approved the following diversity position statement
(action item 82 from Strategic Plan):

"ARLIS/NA interprets diversity to include age, socio-economic class, race,
religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability, and
history of under-representation.  ARLIS/NA seeks to advance diversity in
the art information profession by promoting diversity in education,
training and membership, staffing, collections, services and outreach."

As chair of the committee I welcome any suggestions on realizing diversity
goals, especially as we are rewording the committee charge, and would
encourage anyone interested in serving on next year's committee to contact
me or Janine Henri, our board liaison.  Look for the diversity statement on
our web page, shortly, thanks to Tom Riedel, Diversity Page Webmaster.

Pat Thompson
Chair, Diversity Committee

Patricia Thompson, Head, Art Library
Fine Arts Library