     Hello colleagues, re an earlier query re Dictionary of Art, at New
     York Public Library's Art & Architecture Collection, we will have this
     tool on open reference. We will, however, not permit photocopying from
     it, because of price, or at least will try to broker purchase of a
     second copy to share with the General Research Division, and allow
     that copy to be photocopied. I must say, the spines on the Dictionary
     of Art definitely don't look like they will hold up with extensive
     xeroxing...

     Also, we're going to retain the Encyclopedia of World Art, DESPITE THE
     SPACE CRUNCH, because we have found that the Index to this earlier
     work is clearer and more useful for general readers and students,
     e.g., famous architectural structures are indexed directly, like Taj
     Mahal...

     Paula Baxter
     Art & Architecture, NYPL