Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. ----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Dear ARLIS members: You recently received the following message: We would like to announce that Antoine Watteau, Catalogue raisonne des dessins by Pierre Rosenberg and Louis-Antoine Prat will be published next month. This is now the second volume in the Rosenberg-Prat project. Just as with Nicholas Poussin, Catalogue raisonne des dessins, this handsome three-volume work will be distributed exclusively by Ars Libri. Please contact us for further pre-publication information. Having discussed this with several of you, Ars Libri has learned that many ARLIS members obtained the first volume in the series, Nicholas Poussin: Catalogue raisonne des dessins, either from the Italian publisher or from a foreign language distributor. Although many of our clients had no way of knowing it, this procedure was a direct violation of our rights as exclusive distributors of the work in North America. We are trying to avoid a recurrence of this now, with the new Watteau catalogue raisonne of the drawings, and are writing to ask for your help and cooperation. Our contract with the Italian publisher, Electa, who has taken over from Leonardo, specifies that they will not directly supply any bookseller or distributor to the U.S. market with copies of the book. Thus the Watteau will be available solely through Ars Libri, or from American book dealers who obtain it from Ars Libri. Our exclusive distribution agreement covers all English language countries. At the same time, we are asking our institutional clients to exempt the Watteau (and all other volumes in the series, now and in the future), from any standing order plans you may have with overseas distributors, or with the publishers themselves, and to place your orders directly with Ars Libri. Based on our long and happy relationship with ARLIS and its membership, we feel we can come to you with this matter, and ask for your support by ordering directly from us.