Here at Moore we have a Continuing Studies program that runs at
night and on weekends.  Some of the courses bear small credits (usually
half of their daytime equivalent) and some don't.  They are all
intended for people to learn new art skills, but they don't lead to
a degree here or a certificate of any kind.

I am being asked to consider granting these students library borrowing
privileges for the duration of their courses here.  This sounds
potentially dangerous (in terms of losing materials) unless we charge
a hefty fee for the privilege.

Does anyone have any advice on this based on what *your* institution is
doing with non-degree program students?  Am I being too cautious?

Thanks in advance.

Judy Donovan
Moore College of Art and Design
Philadelphia