----------------------------Original message---------------------------- This is Friday's trivia. Ignore at will. A film student visited our slide library yesterday looking for images of Susannah & the Elders. There is a scene in Psycho where Norman Bates watches Janet Leigh through a peephole. On the wall there is a reproduction of Susanna & the Elders. I showed her several examples and a reference describing the story. She didn't have a still from the movie to compare to our slides so we were not able to determine the exact image but it was an interesting question. Thomas Hart Benton's version was the most intriguing because in the background there is a tall Victorian house much like the one in the movie. She said the house in the film was inspired by an Edward Hopper painting. I plan to pass this piece of trivia on to our faculty member who teaches iconography. She likes to include contemporary versions of classical or religious imagery. I thought others might enjoy adding this piece of trivia to their quirky image banks. Happy Thanksgiving to my American colleagues. Brenda MacEachern Visual Arts University of Western Ontario London, Ontario