Pat and fellow arlis-ers:  I've been lurking on this one, but for what it's
worth, our DOA is right out there on the Index table "above" the old paper
copy of The Art Index; it is not inter-shelved with our other open reference
collection by call number.  The Grove Dict of Music is on the other side of
the same table.

Our vol 24 is defective, and we have returned it.

We are keeping the McGraw Hill Encyc of World Art; the plates are truly
useful, as are some of the articles as well.

Was it an accident or does someone have a sense of humor, re: Vol 19,
Leather - Macho.

It is a beautiful thing to behold, and reinforces the object of The Book as
something that will be with us a long time, I hope.  take care. roland.
>I'm curious as to whether libraries with a large public/student clientele
>are going to put the Dictionary of Art on open or closed reference, given
>the hefty price tag.?
>pat thompson
>Patricia Thompson, Head, Art Library
>Fine Arts Library