We are seriously considering moving _to_ a predominatly non-circulating
collection, _from_ a predominantly circulating one. The changeover is
probably several years off, to be timed in conjunction with the opening
of a new facility. But I am considering staffing implications.

Although the concept has been approved in priciple by our faculty/student
advisory committee, I expect some opposition -- even outrage! -- from
many of our users, especially faculty who have traditionally had many
privileges.

Dana,
     *Why* are you considering the move in the first place?
                   --Jim Robertson, Architecture Librarian
                     New Jersey Institute of Technology
                     [log in to unmask]  and