Please excuse the cross-posting, we are trying to reach out to all
interested participants:

>VRA/ Southern California regional chapter
>FALL '96 CHAPTER MEETING
>
>Friday, November 22, 1996
>Los Angeles County Museum of Art
>5905 Wilshire Boulevard
>Los Angeles
>

>  9:30          Registration and Reception
>                        Slide Library hallway
>
>10:00           Chapter Business Meeting
>                        Brown Auditorium
>
>11:00           Ritual and Splendor: Ancient Treasures from the Shumei
                    Family Collection  -- Curatorial walk-through
>                        Nancy Thomas, Curator and Dept. Head of Ancient and
                          Islamic Art and
>                        Keith Wilson, Head of Far Eastern Art Dept.and Curator
                          of Chinese and Korean Art

>12:00           LUNCH BREAK
>                        on your own at the museum cafe or off-campus
>
>  1:30          Tour of LACMA's Mr. & Mrs. Allan C. Balch Research Library
>                        Deborah Barlow Smedstad, Head Librarian
>
>  2:00          Issues in Asian Art Cataloging -- Roundtable discussion
>                        David Ziegler, Visual Resources Collection, UCLA
>                                in the Conference Room
>

>Registration and reservations:
>
>Everyone must RSVP by November 15, to be assured admittance to the meeting
>areas.  (RSVP- Yes, even if you are unsure about your attendance)
>Contact: Barbara Furbush at 213 251-0561 or e-mail [log in to unmask]; or
>Naomi Weiss, Visual Resource Center, LACMA, e-mail [log in to unmask]
>ASK FOR SPECIFIC DIRECTION WHEN YOU RSVP.

>A $5.00 fee (agreed upon at the Spring Meeting) will be collected at
>registration desk at the beginning of the meeting.
>

>other exhibitions...
>
>Chagall 1907-1917, Roy DeCarava: A Retrospective, Expressionist Bible: New
>Testament, and Fabric of Enchantment: Batik from the North Coast of Java,
>in addition see the fine Permanent Collection.
>
>The Museum remains open on Friday evenings until 9:00pm. You may wish to
>stay and view these at your leisure.
>
>Reminder...
>        Join VRA/SC today
>                Charter members, it's time to renew...
>
>If you know of other visual resource managers who might be interested in
>participating in the VRA/SC chapter, please share this information or
>suggest they contact --
>
>Loy Zimmerman, chair
>at 310 985-4394(voice), 310 985-1650(fax), [log in to unmask]
>Barbara Furbush, secretary
>at 213 251-0561(voice), [log in to unmask]

Barbara Lee Furbush
Image Collections Librarian
Otis College of Art and Design                  /-/-
2401 Wilshire Boulevard                           /-
Los Angeles  CA  90057                         /-/-/
213 251-0561