>Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 09:13:35 +1000
>To:ARLISANZ-L
>From:[log in to unmask] (Jennifer Brasher)
>Subject:Re: Your recent article on ARLIS-L regarding Corbis.
>
>>Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 09:13:26 +1000
>>To:VRAList
>>From:[log in to unmask] (Jennifer Brasher)
>>Subject:Re: Your recent article on ARLIS-L regarding Corbis.
>>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>Keeping you informed.
>>
>>I'd just like to tell everyone that I've received a direct question from
>>a CORBIS representative. They apparently scan our lists for any mention
>>of CORBIS. The answer to my further query to them is being considered,
>>They say they are thinking about a pricing structure for educational
>>purposes, and will get back to me. I'll let you know as soon as I hear
>>anything. Noone else has replied to me about this yet.
>>
>>Jennifer QCA
>>

>>>If you could pass this on I'd be very interested to find out about your
>>>pricing
>>>structures.
>>>
>>>I can see that Corbis is perhaps gearing up for the publishing industry
>>>where they think nothing of paying $200 per image ( license right to
>>>publish once). However I'm trying to provide good quality digital images to
>>>the digital classroom, and there is absolutely no way Universities could
>>>afford publishing prices - I suppose we're in the supermarket cut price
>>>world of images.
>>>

>>>Jennifer QCA

Jennifer Brasher            `` `  ` `   EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
Art Librarian                  ``  `  ` VOICE: +61 (07) 3875 3132
                                  `  ` `FAX: +61 (07) 3875 3133
SNAIL MAIL                           ` ` `  `
Queensland College of Art Library       ` ` ` `  *
Griffith University                        ```````  *

Clearview Terrace                             ``*` *
Morningside Campus                                 *
PO Box 84 Morningside Brisbane Queensland 4170 Australia
"As long as war is regarded as wicked, it will always have its fascination.
When  it is looked upon as vulgar, it will cease to be popular."
Oscar Wilde " The Critic as Artist. Pt ii."