According to Kathleen R. Cohen:

> I hope we can find a way to discourage the use of professional lists like
> the one that was sent around with this heading that proposed a
> pyramid scheme, or others
> that have nothing to do with our professional responsibilities.(I didn't
> repeat the message since I didn't want to waste storage space.)
>
> Kathleen Cohen

Upon her return from a well-deserved vacation, we will see the
benefits of ARLIS-L moderator Mary Molinaro's discrete and
judicious hand in filtering junk like this.

These postings are perpetrated by individuals (?) with ghost
presence on the internet, that is, untraceable addresses.  I
will check with Mary about means to avoid this kind of
time-wasting dross.

-- jack

Jack Robertson
ARLIS/NA President