What started out as simple professional interest has now become a
quest. It seems to be impossible to get my hands on the New Yorker
with Baker's weeding article in it. Neither the public library nor
WIchita State Univ. has received that issue. None of our local
bookstores ever got it--not the small independent, not the 2 super
stores. Neither of my friends who subscribe received it. Is this the
long arm of Ken Dowlin? Men in black helicopters? I haven't found
out whether this blackout extends beyond Wichita, but I am hoping
someone on the list will take pity on me. If you are willing to
fax or mail me a copy I would be forever grateful (and I'd send you
copy & mail costs). Fax here is Eileen Simmons, Wichita Public Lib,
316-262-4540, or mail to my attention at the library, 232 S. Main,
Wichita, KS  67202. Thanks in advance. Eileen Simmons.