This was in my mail from my vacation - sorry for the delay!  Mary

ART LIBRARIAN POSITION AVAILABLE
The North Carolina Museum of Art is seeking a librarian to oversee all
aspects of its art reference library.  The library currently holds 30,000
volumes with concentration in European and American art from
1300-present.  The librarian reports to the chair of the curatorial
department and supervises a full-time assistant and volunteers.  The
librarian is responsible for acquisition, cataloguing, and budget; and
provides research support for the staff and the general public.  The
librarian will develop and oversee the implementation of advanced
research technologies.  Requirements: MLS from an ALA accredited program
and a minimum one year professional experience in a research library.  In
addition, preferred qualifications include a MA in Western art history,
knowledge of automated library systems and advanced research
technologies; reading knowledge of at least two modern European
languages, and 2-3 years experience in an art library.  Equally important
is the ability to work independently; to supervise and motivate paid and
volunteers staff; and to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with library patrons and with other research libraries in
the US and abroad.  Deadline for applications is _November 15, 1996_.
 Please send letter with resume and three references to Personnel Office,
North Carolina Museum of Art, 2110 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh, North
Carolina 27607-6494.
The North Carolina Museum of Art is a Division of the North Carolina
Department of Cultural Resources.

Applications received after the "closing date" listed above will not be
considered unless the vacancy is advertised again with a posted "closing
date" beyond the date listed above.  As an EEO/Affirmative Action
Employer, we encourage applications from Women, Members of Minority
Groups, and Persons with Disabilities.